Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Girl Week: Make Your Outfit Work For You



I have learned something very important from looking at photos of myself: not all clothing looks good in photos and the outfits I can rock in everyday life don’t necessarily translate to superstar in photos. (please note, I'm not showing bad photos of me on my blog haha)

Here’s why:

This past fall I went to the ocean. I was going to get some stunning photos of myself. I got dressed in one of my fav outfits, one that I always got comments on. I wore jeans, a purple shirt with a long brown jacket thing over it. It was fitted in the back so it gave me a nice shape when I walked.

I went outside, gave my sister my camera, and we took photos of me (and I took photos of her, it wasn’t all about me) Then I checked her work to make sure I got some I liked. Well I was horrified. Not at her work, but the way I looked. I looked huge. I had a photo from the day before and unless I had gained 40lbs over night something was wrong.

It was my sweater jacket thing of course. Even though it was fitted in the back, it hung open in the front. It often fell open, puffed out, moved, and dangled weird in the photos. In fact there wasn’t a single photo I was happy with.

I should have chosen an outfit that closed in the front. It should have been buttoned up, belted, tied, whatever. The closer at outfit wraps around you the smaller you will look. If it is a loose outfit it will look even more baggy in photos.

Now of course I’m not saying to wear tight clothing. If you were things that are too tight it all of your flaws WILL show up and WILL look even worse. You should be wearing fitted cloth that accentuate your waist line and fit well. Nothing baggy, nothing loose, and nothing open in the front. If there’s a jacket you love like mine, belt it. Big belt, tiny belt…match it to the outfit.

I’m sad I didn’t have a belt with me. I could have saved all those photos by simply adding an accessory.

Keep your clothes close to your body to show off just how cute you are and make sure it fits well to hide any flaws. You’ll be modeling in no time!

Be sure to check out our:

Website * Facebook * Blog * Bridal Blog * Twitter * Senior Photography Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Quality, affordable modern photography We accommodate: *Weddings *Trash the Dress *Engagement *Maternity *Newborns *Babies *Family Portraits *Portraits *Senior Portraits *Head Shots *Pet Portraits *Events *Bands and Musicians *Vehicles *Commercial Advertising *etc see our website www.kmrobinsonphotography.com for price listings Also check us out on facebook!!